Acid reflux is often thought of as a grown-up’s disease. Acid and stomach contents escape the stomach and go into the person’s esophagus. This can lead to painful heartburn and, in long-term cases, even esophageal cancer.
In babies, it’s a lot more common and not nearly as scary.
MOST BABIES SPIT UP OR WILL BURP UP SOME BABY FORMULA OR BREAST MILK AFTER BEING FED
If your baby is really uncomfortable, seems to be in pain after feeding, won’t stop crying, or isn’t gaining weight, it might be that he’s spitting up too much of his food. This can be caused by a weak pyloric valve, the valve at the top of the stomach that keeps acid down. Wheat, milk, and soy allergies can also cause acid reflux.
That might mean that it’s time for HiPP Acid-Reflux formula.
HIPP MAKES THEIR ACID REFLUX FORMULA TO BE SUPER EASY ON SENSITIVE TUMMIES
- Skim milk and whey proteins are very easy to digest.
- Locust bean gum is added as fiber to aid digestion.
- No peanut, soy, wheat, GMOs, egg by-products, sugar, or non-organic ingredients.
- Complete nutrition profile delivered in a gentle formulation.
- Lactic acid, similar to breast milk, is added.
THERE ARE A FEW THINGS YOU CAN DO THAT CAN HELP AS WELL
- Burp your baby gently after feeding, but no bouncing.
- Have the baby sit up at an angle for a little while after eating.
- Avoid tight clothes or diapers right after food.
Acid reflux is normal in babies. All of them will have some. If it’s severe or frequent, get HiPP Acid Reflux formula to make it easier on the baby's stomach.
Are you still feeling a little unsure? A parent's formula-feeding journey is so personal, unique, and can be challenging. We at OBF24 are proud to have a team that can help guide you along the way. We typically answer your email within a couple of hours. Get in touch
If your baby is having ongoing issues with spit-up, acid reflux, or regurgitation, HiPP (AR) Anti-Reflux Formula might be just what you’ve been looking for!
Suitable from birth onwards for infants of all ages, including older babies who have begun eating solid foods, this gentle, nutritionally complete formula is made with a base of skimmed milk.